Undocumented student pathways

Prop. 308 provides options for undocumented students.  

Qualifying undocumented students are now eligible for in-state tuition at Arizona’s public universities and community colleges. Learn more about options that are available to help you successfully achieve your degree.

First steps on the undocumented student pathway

What is Prop. 308?

Prop. 308 became effective Dec. 5, 2022. Qualifying non-citizen students are eligible for in-state tuition at state universities and community colleges if they both:
1. Attended an Arizona public or private high school, or homeschool for a minimum of two years; and
2. Graduated from an Arizona public or private high school, or homeschool equivalent, or obtained an Arizona high school equivalency diploma, i.e., a general equivalency diploma (GED).

Non-citizen students are also eligible to receive financial aid.

Can students impacted by Prop. 308 apply for financial aid?

Arizona’s public universities offer many financial aid opportunities, including merit scholarships and need-based aid. Students who meet the requirements of the public universities’ scholarship and financial aid programs are now eligible to receive this aid, regardless of immigration status. For additional information, students should visit the universities' financial aid websites or contact their financial aid offices.

Should the students, who are impacted by Prop. 308, complete the FAFSA application?

Any student who wants to apply for financial aid and who can complete the FAFSA should complete the form to be eligible for grants, work-study, loans and other financial aid. However, a student must have a Social Security number to complete the application, and some students impacted by Prop. 308 may not be eligible to complete the form. Students can click here for more information on how to obtain a Social Security number.

For answers to more questions about Prop. 308, please visit the Arizona Board of Regents FAQ.  

Scroll to Top
Skip to content